Thursday, October 11, 2012

think of your teeth before you vomit next time.

survived the surgery but with my luck it wasnt an easy one and now its a hard and boring recovery ahead of me.
I will tell you a story about my teeth since I could still have it today if I didnt have bulimia.
my teeth were always very health, i was never afraid of dentist and always let him to do his job. i took pain and that noisy dentist sound never scared me away. i was even so obssesed i would brush my teeth after every meal, even so small.
all these years with bulimia, my teeth were pretty well, but when the last episode of bulimia came back, that was three years ago, my teeth started breaking, literally breaking. poof: and the crown was in two or three pieces. everytime I went to the dentist complaining about my odd teeth his first question was: are you having ED?
so obvious, aye?
but i never really cared.
tho when he told me for a first time three of my teeth should be pulled out, I kind of woke up!
NO! Im keeping them!
"you cant! the roots are dead!"
cry cry cry!!!
i remember beginng my dentist to save my teeth. I was willing to stop vomiting just to keep my teeth.
he decited to treat two of them, but one needs to be pulled out.
this one has a special story. before my last visit in new zealand i had dentist appointment and that one looked the healthiest out of three sick teeth. but on my way to new zealand during my dinner, suddenly feeling in my mouth changed. what the fuck? i pulled my tooth out (crown). i felt like I have not even one tooth left, so emberasing! soooo emberaasing. i didnt tell my boyfriend. but feeling was ugly and awful.
i spent first two weeks of my new zealand time visiting doctors, dentists were my fave ones. pains were to big to handle. i remember crying like a baby, tho i can take lots of the pain. when i got my appointment, also kiwi dentist didnt need long time to realize im bulimic.
when made it back home i set up the day for surgery, which was today.
pretty much routine one, and I had 10 months time to get used to live without one tooth, also i made peace with myself i will have a fake tooth.
i know that is the price of my long life bulimia and i know i am pretty lucky many many girls lose whole bunch of teeth because of bulimia.
but.
the unlucky tooth is the tooth 6 up left, procedure was comlicated and now my problem is that the canal between my chew and sinus is wide open and so I need to avoid any hard work in next three weeks, no sports, no fast breathing, no drinking with a straw, no sneezing, no warm food.
i need to keep stiches in for three weeks, got droppes for my nose and got antibiotics.
i am starving today and this bloody wound hurts like hell.
I count help myself not to think about all this is because of my bulimia.
ache, pain, no tooth....aaah yucky!
think of your teeth before you vomit next time!

thats one of my regrets. no nice teeth I always had any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment